How to do a Consumer Complaint ?
Before submitting the complaint,
- Identify your problem complaint carefully and be clear about it.
- Have all the documents relevant to the complaint ready.(Purchase receipt,warranty/guaranty card,etc.)
- Discuss with the trader to find out whether a settlement if possible.
- Submit the complaint to your service provider.Make the complaint in writing with relevant documents. (If you make the complaint over the phone it is better if you could follow up it with a letter.)
- Make sure you give all the details required to process your complaint eg. Your Name, telephone No, Address copies of the necessary documents.)
- Give the description of your complaint briefly and precisely.
After submitting the complaint
- Keep all the records of your complaint. (If you made the complaint over the phone the name of the person/s you spoke to, the date. and the answer/s received etc.)
- Give your service provider a reasonable time to work on the complaint. Follow up with them over the phone if possible.
- If you have not received a response or a reasonable solution to your complaint you may appeal to higher authorities/committees formed by the service provider to solve consumer complaints.
- If you still feel that your complaint has not been treated in a reasonable manner or to your satisfaction, you can submit the complaint to the TRCSL for further examination.
Complaint to the Consumer Relations Unit
- Please send following if requested by TRCSL.
- Attached copies of correspondence you have had with your service provider, from the very 1st day you made the complaint.
- Copies of the documents, which in your opinion is relevant.
Inquiries into consumer complaints
Information on consumer inquiries
Click Here to make a complaint online
If you want to send a written complaint by mail or fax to CAA please use the information below.
Consumer Affairs Authority
1st & 2nd floor, CWE Secretariet Building
Fax: (011) 2399148
If you need a sample format to send your complaint by mail or fax click here to download complaint form.