Human Resources Management & Administration Division
The Human Resource and Administration Division play a prominent role in achieving the corporate objectives and goals of the organization. Additionally the division serves to ensure that the organization effectively attains its vision, mission, values, company metrics and factors that keep the organization guided towards success are optimized.
The primary functions of the division are as follows:
- Formulating effective HR policies and procedures for the organization.
- Developing and enhancing employee motivation and engagement.
- Manpower planning and recruitment.
- Adopting policies and procedures for effective retention of staff.
- Employee Training and Development.
- Performance Evaluation and Staff Appraisal.
- Formulating schemes for rewards and recognition.
- Adopting disciplinary procedures and action.
- Developing leadership and interpersonal communication.
This is another supporting division of the Consumer Affairs Authority.
The Finance division is responsible for,
- Financial forecasting.
- Management of government grants.
- Project planning for increasing the treasury grants
- Identify methods of generating increased income from investments of funds
- Draw up a system for the collection & accounting of registration fees, court fines, charges for services, etc….
- Preparation of budgets & budgetary control.
- Preparation of final accounts.
- Cash management & other financial matters in conformity with standard accounting practices & government financial regulations.
- Maintain an efficient supply of supportive services
- Procurement of office requirement.
- Ensuring the enhancement of competencies of employees of the organization.
Internal Audit Division
- “Internal Auditing is an independent, objective assurance & consulting activity designed to add value and improve and organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance process. (definition IIA)
- Simply put, we’re here to support Consumer Affairs Authority administration in making the best use of the CAA’s assets.
Scope of Service
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
- Evaluate compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Study processes being used to assure the most efficient and effective use of all CAA resources.
- Evaluate the means used to safeguard assets and, when appropriate, verify the physical location of assets.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Support and assist with investigation of employee dishonesty and theft when requested.
- Provide customized training to CAA HR operating units on accountability, internal control, and fraud awareness.